Building website traffic is a great thing. Why do you want to drive traffic to your website?
The main reason is to send potential client leads to a channel you own and control. Your website is 100% owned by you (unlike your social media channels).
However, before you do all the work to send traffic, you need to make sure you have a way of capturing it. That is where a lead magnet is most valuable (More on that in another blog)
If you have your lead magnet and you are ready to drive traffic, here a few organic and paid ways to do exactly that
- Share content on social media – social is an ideal traffic driver and most people have made purchases based off something they have seen on social media.
- Paid Search Ads. – Google AdWords is a top choice. You will apply pay per click or PPC to push traffic to your website using specific keyword searches.
- Social Media Ads – These ads operate the same as paid adverts expect there are more options to focus on your target audience. LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter have options for paid adverts.
- Insert Calls-to-Action or CTAs in your posts. Offer a reason for potential customers to click through to your website on your social media platform.
- Create & share video – set up a YouTube or Vimeo Channel and put together a video marketing strategy that can drive quality traffic.
- Optimize Your Website for Search – Use effective SEO tactics with good coding, metadata, and structuring.
- Write Guest blogs – sharing your expertise and knowledge with complementary businesses puts your name in front of a new audience
- Use micro Influencers – Micro-influencers don’t need to have hundreds of thousands of followers, but they should be influential to their network
- Host a Webinar – This is a great way to share valuable information with your customers and eventually become an industry expert.
These are just a few simple thought starters to drive some traffic. With any or all of these digital marketing strategies, you can start to build and maintain consistent website traffic.