You might have heard about this called ChatGPT and all the hype that surrounds it.
Everyone is talking about… (I’d rather be talking about Jimmy Choo’s but heck I can jump on board and have some water cooler convo)
There is a bunch of speculation about what it means for content writers and marketers. Does it replace people? Will it take jobs? Will robots take over the world?
Let’s start with what it is.
ChatGPT, or Chat Generative Pre-training Transformer, is a software that allows a user to ask it questions using conversational, or natural, language. What the?
Yeh let’s try again in a way you understand.
It enables users to ask questions or tell a story, and the bot will respond with relevant, natural-sounding answers and topics. It is designed to simulate a human conversation, creating a natural engagement with the bot. (that make’s a bit more sense)
I see it as a handy little tool to help kickstart the process. Good to researching, maybe giving you a starting point and provide a foundation.
But it is NOT the holy grail. It does not replace your copywriter, your marketing specialist, your blog writers, or your IT peeps…. You should not be copy and pasting what you find. You need to take this GPT foundation and build on it, add your own frame of reference, knowledge, and personality.
I did a little experiment to share an example.
This is what I told Chat to do:
“Write a post for LinkedIn about adding personality to your content”
This was the response…
“In today’s digital age, where information is readily available, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd. Adding personality to your content can be a game changer and make your brand more relatable and memorable.
Here are some tips to infuse your content with personality:
- Know your audience: Understanding your target audience will help you create content that resonates with them and makes them feel understood.
- Be authentic: Let your personality shine through by being true to yourself and not trying to be someone you’re not.
- Use humor: Humor can be a powerful tool to engage your audience and make your content more memorable. Just make sure it’s appropriate and in line with your brand.
- Share stories: People love stories, and sharing your own experiences can help build a connection with your audience.
- Experiment with tone: The tone you use in your content can greatly impact how it’s received. Try experimenting with different tones to see what resonates with your audience.
By incorporating these tips into your content, you can make it more engaging and memorable, and help your brand stand out in the digital world. #Personality #ContentMarketing #Branding”
It’s a starting point but it lacks personalisation and my own personality. So, I tweaked it to this.
In our want-it-now world, standing out from the herd is essential. Adding personality to your content can be a game changer and make your brand more relatable and memorable. You need to add the sparkle!
Here are some simple ways to add some personality:
- Know your people: If you know your target audience then creating content that resonates with them and makes them feel understood is going to hit the mark.
- Be authentically you: People buy people (you already know that) so you need to make sure your personality sparkles and shines. If you try to be someone you’re not, your audience knows.
- Make them laugh: a bit of humor is a powerful way to engage your perfect fit clients and to be memorable.
- Share stories: think about the stories that have resonated with you. The same applies to your target audience. Stories help to build a connection with your audience so they can relate to you.
- Tone is everything: The tone you use in your content can greatly impact how it’s received. Is it sassy, corporated, blokey, refined…. ? Write your content in a way that reflects your personality.
Your brand is a reflection of your personality and your content is an extension of that. Be you, create connections and make sure you are remembered. That is what will make your brand stand out in this ridiculously overcrowded digital world.
#marketingpersonality #ContentMarketing #beyou
Now you can spend more time to personalise further. This was a quick experience to show you how it works and why you need to add your own knowledge and twist to it. (apart from the fact there would be a lot of the same content being published)
I will share more on this cool little tool but in the meantime, have a play around with it and be sure to be super specific when you ask it questions. The more specific you are, the better the quality of the response you get.
Now go has some fun and report back.