Every year starts with good intentions. This year will be different.
This is the year that you finally get stuck into your marketing and consistently communicating with your ideal target clients. You will win new business and have a waitlist of clients.
You are going to put together a plan.
Then add it to your calender.
Spend time every week (no matter what) doing the various tasks.
And you are going to get a consistent flow of new business.
But the reality is usually very different…
Why aren’t you making any progress with your marketing? Why isn’t it working? Why are your competitors winning YOUR clients?
I have this conversation way too often for my liking.
But unfortunately, you are not going to like my answer.
The one thing that holds up your marketing is YOU!!! (sorry not sorry)
Because it’s true!
And why does it happen?
- You get busy with client work and marketing falls off your To-Do List
- Marketing becomes a “when-I-get-time” line item until you need to find new business (which is not the time to focus on it BTW)
- It is not a priority, even though you talk about business growth as one of your goals.
- You want it to be perfect which is just a form of procrastination.
- You overthink it or make decisions based on group consensus.
- You are actually content with your current status and don’t really want to put in a bit of extra work to make the strategy a reality.
- You don’t know where to start or what to do, so you get stuck in this ‘thinking’ mode for months.
Then you get to the end of the year and are full of regrets (like eating that entire pizza on Friday night when you promised yourself you’d only have 3 slices).
If only I had started/committed to it/worked with a specialist/stopped procrastinating then my business would be in a better place. More people would know about me and I’d have more money in my bank account.
If only I knew this in Jan 2022, that I’d feel so crappy about my lack of progress coming into the Q4…
So, what can you do to change that in 2023?
It can be daunting to commit to working with a marketing specialist, I totally get it. It’s like committing to a gym membership or a diet – you start all motivated then it quickly fades.
With this in mind, I created the Marketing Exploration Session. It is designed to clarify your message, provide a clear plan, set your priorities for 2023, and give you practical next steps.
Get all the details HERE, book in a session between now and 15th Dec so you can kick start your 2023 and have no regrets.
Warning: I have limited sessions available due to client projects being finalised so get in quick.