Busy is not an excuse! Everyone is busy and you will always find time for the things you want to do however you probably don’t prioritise time on what you should or need to do.
It is amazing what you can accomplish in a short amount of time. So instead of making the ‘I’m too busy’ excuse, be proactive and break down some of these ‘need to do’ tasks into 5-minute chunks of time. So I challenge you to see what you can do in 5 minutes. (and you have lots of 5-minute breaks where you do this, no matter busy you think you are).
Here are some suggestions on what you can do in 5 minutes:
- Answer some emails!
- Watch 2 videos to learn something new
- Sign up to a new digital platform
- Make a list of potential blog articles
- Create a To Do list
- Schedule some of these tasks in your Email calender
- Read an article or Fact Sheet
- Update your LinkedIn profile
- Send a thank you note or card
- Retweet 3 relevant tweets to your audience
- Claim a social media profile on a new channel
- Make a social media post
- Research a new digital topic
- Subscribe to 2 or 3 newsletters of interest
- Read 1-2 EDM’s sitting in your inbox
- Book tickets to a new event
- Book a meeting with your digital manager to start that digital strategy
Imagine if you took 3 x 5-minute breaks a day to do this, how much you would actually achieve. If you want to find the time, you will. So stop with the excuses and put some priority around building your digital visibility, before you need to use those 5 minutes to find a new job!